Last week we featured a couple of our ‘G4M&O’ squad in ‘A Minute With’. This week Aoife Byrne, goalscorer and attacker of dentists, steps up to the plate…
1. Name: Aoife Byrne
2. Age: 23….to my kids
3. Playing position:Anywhere, bar the subs bench
4. Favourite film? Jaws…….scary as heck when you’re 8.
5. Favourite song? ‘At last my love has come along’……Etta James
6. Favourite meal? Anything someone else has cooked for me
7. Favourite holiday destination? Zanzibar
8. Favourite pitch to play on: Musgrave obviously
9. Favourite club memory: Scoring the winning goal at 2018 Portmarnock blitz 😉
10. Worst club memory: Wacking my friend Roisin, the dentist, smack in the mouth on her first day at training…….She hasn’t been back since, oops.
11. Unsung club hero: Shane, the kids hurley coach…the patience he must have
12. Best player played with? Kelly Carter
13. Best match involved in? Saval blitz matches
14. Favourite quote? You cann’t always get what you want….but if you try sometimes….
15. Best advice received: Don’t work hard, work clever.
16.What other club do you like to see do well other than St Brigid’s? Cathal brugha waterpolo 😉
17. Favourite player growing up? For me….it’s always been Alex Higgins
18. Best trainer on the team? Elaine…….Rain or shine she’s at training
19. Worst trainer on the team? Given my ‘swear count’, me
20. Up and coming player to watch? Lorcan Brady….;)
21. Favourite thing about the GAA? The laughter at G4M&O
22. Where would you like to see St Brigid’s in ten years time? In Croke