It’s a Championship special on ‘A Minute With’ today as Peter Webb, Love Island fanatic and up-and-coming GAA Instagram personality, took a break from eating Uncle Bernie’s pre-match pasta and answered our quickfire queries…
1. Name? Peter Arthur Webb
2. Age? 20
3. Playing position/role in club? Forward line
4. Favourite film? Shawshank Redemption
5. Favourite song? Ooh la la by Faces , absolute whopper with cheese .
6. Favourite food/meal? A medium rare steak is hard to beat .
7. Favourite holiday destination? So far … Croatia/Lake Bled.
8. Favourite pitch to play on? Anywhere but Harlequins .
9. Favourite club memory? Winning the senior intermediate championship, whatta day.
10. Worst club memory? Losing to Burren in the u16 ulster final , shocking .
11. Unsung club hero? Anthony Carleton is one of the best club men in Ireland .
12. Best player played with? Tough one, Enda Clarke on his day.
13. Best match you were involved in? Probably any of the matches in the U16 Paul McGirr competition. The whole tournament was a great experience and we learnt a lot from it .
14. Favourite quote? “It takes 2 points to beat every point we score ” Greg Blaney .
15. Best advice ever received? Don’t pass the ball to smithy .
16. What other club do you like to see do well other than St Brigid’s? Other than St Jude’s in Dublin no one .
17. Favourite player growing up? Frank McCormack- what a terrier .
18. Best trainer on the team? Sean Mckernan has been playing very well in training recently to be fair to him, Mikey Cummings also rarely misses a session .
19. Worst trainer on the team? Love rhetorical questions …. smithy .
20. Up and coming player to watch? Ronan Boyle .
21. Favourite thing about the GAA? The satisfaction/ adrenaline rush after winning a tight match.
22. Where would you like to see St Brigid’s in ten years time? With a senior championship title and a strong community ethos within the club 🙌.