1. Name? Finn McKernan
2. Age? 21
3. Playing position/role in club?
4. Favourite film?
Not into films but Orange is the New Black is a great TV series
5. Favourite song?
Homecoming Kayne West – timeless classic
6. Favourite food/meal?
A good curry is had to look past. If ever in Dublin Toss’d is a good shout for a curry at lunchtime or Indie Spice in Stranmillis is always reliable for an Indian. Also if you fancy a home cooked curry Dan Rainey is your man. He accepts all sorts in his dms
7. Favourite holiday destination?
8. Favourite pitch to play on?
Musgrave is hard to look past but I always enjoy Corrigan on Championship days
9. Favourite club memory?
Hard to pick one here so I included a few:
– Paddy O’Boyle tripping an LD player before running away circa u16. Comical scenes unfolded as he was chased up the pitch
– Jack O’Kane getting the Shepard’s after 3 minutes for being “hungover” despite not being out the night before
– Dermot McMemamin asking to be subbed off in a minor match despite there being no sub keeper
– Conal “Monk” Morgan giving the ref the finger mid game
– Shane Boyle trying to kick the ball away during our minor semi-final win over LD only for it to hit the wire in the catch met and come back to his feet
10. Worst club memory?
The hangover after winning intermediate last year. To say it was nuclear is an understatement
11. Unsung club hero?
Frank McGurk – legend. Special mention also must go to John Mackle for all the profile pictures, cover photos and instagrams
12. Best player played with?
Paul Finnegan…his banter surpasses any mans football ability
13. Best match you were involved in?
The boxing match Conor Taylor attempted to start in the Harp Bar the Sunday after winning intermediate last year. One man went home and the rest of us went to Filthies
14. Favourite quote?
Bit of background required for this one. After a game while sitting round a table in Cutters Ronan McGrady was pontificating about how we are too slow working the ball out of defence. While on this rant he suggested installing himself as the new centre back to which a quick whited Stephen O’Neill rebutted “and you would only exacerbate the problem”. This was met with great hilarity from the assembled party and rumour has it Stephen is dinning out on the night he got one over on McGrady
15. Best advice ever received?
“Some people and hand passers and others are kickers. Know what you are” Finn McKernan
16. What other club do you like to see do well other than St Brigid’s?
17. Favourite player growing up?
James Guinness. Wanted to play for Down so much gave up playing with his mates at age 10 and then left the panel after a few months earlier year. Admirable passion, drive and commitment
18. Best trainer on the team?
Pete Webb…never lets training get in the way of Love Island. Legend
19. Worst trainer on the team?
Conor Taylor’s toe has been talked about enough so going to be original here and callout James Smith. Nothing to do with his effort or application but his dress sense is appalling. Needs to consign them bootcuts to history
20. Up and coming player to watch?
Ben Sinnott shows great promise if he ever decides to grow up
21. Favourite thing about the GAA?
22. Where would you like to see St Brigid’s in ten years time?
In the Bot drinking Jameson and ginger out of a senior championship trophy. Lime and ice included